Saturday, June 23, 2012

Complete meltdown to worst day ever....

Today will go into the hall of fame for worst days on the road.

Left Wal Mart well enough, at 830- headed for Saratoga National Park- got there in good order at 9 20 or so, did the park, got a pin and hiking staff medallion, then headed up to Burlington, with an ETA of 130. 

Wrong. 

About 40 miles up the road, I noticed that I didn't have my cell phone with me, so we called back, and thankfully, it had been turned in, apparently I dropped it out of my pocket at the movie when I texted Bette. So, we unhooked, and I drove an hour down and an hour back with the retreived phone. In the driving rain.

Then,we headed up to Burlington, and I narrowly averted a gas crisis, since I let the tank get to 1/4 full, and got an earfull, since we were on back roads, with no chance of filling up before we ran out, according to the 2 riders. 

We came upon a nice truck stop, and filled up. Moving on.

We got to Apple Island at South Hero around 430- checked in to what we thought was a nice spot, looking forward to a couple of days easy camping.

We hooked up, and all systems were go, then all of a sudden, the air conditioners quit, then, the whole coach blew,and then we discovered a complete meltdown in the power transfer switch box, damn near a major fire, actually.

Of course, it's Saturday night, no hope of starting repairs until Monday morning, if at all, and we have zero power to the coach save for an extension cord that a neighbor was kind enough to lend to us. 

There may be a bigger place capable of handling the repair down in South Burlington, we'll find out Monday I reckon.  In the meantime, we are totally on hold. 

At least Cooper has his xbox hooked up to the extension cord, and we have propane for the fridge, and thankfully, its not too hot. 

Major frustrating day.  But we move on.  Maybe we can get the sat and the door fixed too, and the small antenna too .

Whatever.  At least we have a big window to get to Moody, I hope, maybe not. 

No comments: