Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Busy Tuesday and goodbye to the Derrys.

Got an early start today, up at 0630, got the Derrys all packed, and headed out to our first stop for the day, about an hour away to the Oasis Visitor Center portion of Big Cypress National Preserve.  




I had been here before with Cooper on the Thanksgiving Visit back in 2011.  We did see a wide variety of wildlife on the boardwalk this time-  Gators, lots of fish and many species of birds as well.  

Next, we headed to the Shark Valley Unit of Everglades National Park-  Again, I had been here before also with Cooper in 2011.  

Just the one stamp here, and basically it was a stamp and run.  

Then, we hit Everglades Safari Park, where we had done an air boat

 ride before with Cooper and Tina, so I passed on the ride while the Derrys went.

Then off to MIA, and dropped the Derrys off at about 1250-  Not sure they were able to get an earlier plane, then get home sooner, expect we'll hear from them later.  



Then, I got permission to swing by 3 Florida State Parks to try for passport stamps.  

The first one, the Barnacle Historic State Park, was closed.  My bad, only open on the weekends. 




  Next, I ran out to Biscayne to visit Bill Baggs/Cape Florida State Park.  I did get a stamp and pin for this park, as well as a Year pass, which I had forgotten to get earlier. I also got a Cape Florida Light pin and stamp.  




Last, I headed up to Oleta River State Park, which was located in North Miami, right on the beach just about.  



Got back to the coach about 410.  

Tomorrow, we are kiboshing the trip plans, and heading directly up to Wildwood to drop the coach off, then head home to Coquina 

No comments: