Saturday, August 17, 2013

Picture perfect day to do Boston, so I did!

Had sort of a free day Friday, so I decided to run down to Boston, to catch all of my missing Boston stamps.

Drove in, and arrived at about 1030-  Parked at the 60 State Street Garage, which I knew was going to be a 40 dollar bill, but what the heck- 

The building is literally part of Faneuil Hall, so I started there.


I started at the Faneuil Hall Visitor's Center-  looking for the elusive "bag of stamps" bonus stamps, which was supposed to be there, and was told that it was residing with a Ranger over at Charlestown Navy Yard.   Crap- I had been to Charlestown already-  So I decided I would walk the Freedom Trail over and try to get them- I've tried like 3 times to get them....


So I headed up the Freedom Trail- over to Paul Revere's House-  hadn't been there before-  glad I went, did the tour, and got a new stamp there. 



Then, over to the Old North Church, which I had not been to also:



Got the new stamp there also, and a pin.


Then, about a 25 minute slog over to Charlestown Navy Yard to try to catch the "bag of stamps"-  got there, and the Ranger at the desk called the Ranger who was supposed to have the bag, and she said she DIDN'T have the bag, that the stamps were in fact still at the Faneuil Hall VC-  Double Crap.   

So, rather than walk back, I took the Water Taxi back to downtown.  Cost all of a Buck and a half..... 

Went back to Faneuil Hall- and the Ranger had the bag out- and a family was busy stamping their Junior Ranger booklets-  like 5 of them, so I had to wait like 15 minutes, but then got the stamps, there were 12 of them there, and I got 4 of them that I was missing-  I'm still missing like 3 of them- but they were too busy to try to ask about the rest of them. 


Then, I headed on over to the Old State House and got my new stamp there-



Then, I dropped into a Dunkin Doughnuts for a quick lunch, since it was about 130- then I headed over to the Old South Meeting House for the last stamp from Boston NHP. 

Got the new stamp there- 


Then, back to the car to head on over to the Boston African American History Museum, and get the new stamp there, I was able to park on the street, for free!   Lucky me.  Very tight neighborhood.... 


I'm now fairly well caught up on Boston National Historical Park!

No comments: