Friday, August 3, 2012

Two days in Brunswick, Maine.

We left Ellsworth Maine at 0800 Thursday morning, on schedule, and headed down Rt. 1 to the mid coast of Maine, as planned.  Got to the Wal Mart Rockport, which was jammed, and barely found a parking space, then unhooked, and ran down to three lighthouses, and did the Maine Lighthouse Museum, which was terrific!  Will do a seperate post later on those. 

Then, ran on down to Brunswick Maine, to the Wal Mart, getting there about 230.  Parked, no problem, got some provisions, then I drove over to Bowdin College, and got some t shirts and a pin, then we rested. 

Today, I went back to Bath Maine, to the Maine Maritime Museum, which was fabulous.  Spent 2.5 hours wandering around, and will do a seperate report on this visit also.  Then, I went on a three hour boat ride, and saw 9 more lighthouses!!!  Of course, I forgot to get my Lighthouse society stamps at the museum store, so I'll have to go back in the morning to get those.  I got two miniature boats for the collection, and a pin as well. 

Tomorrow, we are headed over to Meredith New Hampshire, to see our dear friend Judy Williamson and Ron.  Plan to be there for two days, then we are headed back down to Northwoods New Hampshire for a week.  Will see the Colagiovannis again and get the rest of my missing Boston stamps hopefully. 

Then we have a week at Wells, Then we are headed down to the Cape Cod area for a week. 

Hot today, almost 90, but the ocean boat ride was very refreshing. 

Post photos and such when I have time to upload and fix them. 

No comments: