Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 36- Gulf Coast Mississippi....

We left Bayou Segrette for a short 72 mile hop over to our stop for the next two days, Buccaneer State Park in Waveland, Mississippi.

The trip over was not without drama, one of our bay doors managed to fly open, and we had a low tire on the Fit. 

Stopped on I-10 and got the door safely shut, then stopped at the Honda Dealer in Slidell to have the tire looked at-

Turns out we had both a nail and a screw in the same tire, the nail wasn't leaking, the screw was.  Got them both patched for 25 dollars, and we were in and out in about 45 minutes. 

Got to Buccaneer about 1100.  Then, Bette rested while I lit out for a major trip stop for sites along the Mississippi Gulf Coast NHA, and also got to park 191, The Gulf Islands National Seashore, at least the Mississippi side of the park. 

I wound up getting 10 locations for the Gulf Coast NHA-



I got three stamps at Gulf Islands-

Tomorrow, I imagine I will head out to the other sites for Gulf Coast NHA that I missed today-  it will be mostly a driving tour. 

Then, we are planning to head over to the Pensacola Metro area for a day stop for stamp visits, then home on Sunday! 



No comments: