Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 15- A 2-Fer Park Visit

Today, since we are in the holding area waiting for our parts to come in, I did about a 150 mile round trip up to the Casa Grande Area, well Coolidge, Arizona actually, with a stop along the way at Picacho State Park to pick up a De Anza Trail Stamp. 

Picacho Peak was a lovely site, it is actually a climbable peak, I was told-  Yikes!
I was able to get 3 stamps that were listed, plus a nice hiking staff medallion. 



From there, up the road a piece to the Casa Grande Ruins National Park-  not much to see there, but the did have a nice film that explained the deal with the park and the why of it.  Got 4 stamps there, after a bit of effort, and also a pin and a hiking staff medallion also.


I also got credit for a visit to the Hohokam Pima National Park, Since the Pimas won't let anyone access the park.  So now I am up to 173 parks. 

Blogged further about the visit over at the National Parks page:
http://jimbobsnationalparks.blogspot.com/

Tomorrow, think I will run over to Organ Pipe Cactus park, which is a bit of a hike, but I need to knock it off the list-  I'll be setting a new one way record to visit a park, I think its like 154 miles over there, but it's pretty scenery, so it's a good thing. 

Tonight, we are packing dinner in over to Jerry and Judy's and Ed and Jan will be there also- 


No comments: