Saturday, April 19, 2014

Last leg to Greenwood


I was feeling a bit adventurous at this point, so I programmed the GPS to take sort of a back way into Greenwood-  I was fearing traffic in the Metro Augusta area, which is the way I'm usually directed.  



From south of Savannah over to Statesboro was how we usually go, except I took an earlier turn off saving a few miles-  the change was I angled over towards Swainsboro to pick up the "back" way into Greenwood along US 1, rather than taking 25 on into Augusta.  

That meant that I had to visit the burg of Wadley, Georgia, for which I set the GPS to hit the post office of course.  



Wadley was a nice enough place, I glanced at the gas gauge, thankfully, and filled up at 3.65.  

Checked the GPS, and it turned out there was another USPS office about 2.5 miles up the road, another nice new one, in Twin Cities, Georgia.  Not sure why they have such nice ones so close, but they do:


Then, it was raining pretty good, so I moved on up the road to SC Highway 28, just over the State line near McCormick SC. I knew there were a couple of smaller post offices along the route, so I stopped in at Modoc, SC, which is a small rural operation:



I also hit Parksville, SC, but they only had office  hours on Wednesdays from 9-1!




















No comments: