Sunday, September 1, 2013

Well, I really did it today!

I totally had one of my better days stamping and getting around today. I started off by arriving at the Independence NHP Visitor Center parking lot at 0820, before the center opened at 0830. 

They had like 10 stamps out here, plus a couple of more I asked about.  Then, I sat down and checked my data base sheets, and realized I was missing a couple- went back and asked about them, and they were produced!  The nice young ranger also gave me 31 different trading cards!

Then, I headed down to the new Benjamin Franklin Museum, which just opened last Week. 
Then, a block or so over to the Pemberton House, to pick up a couple of new stamps there-

Then, I drove over to the Edgar Allen Poe House, which had just reopened after an 8 month reconstruction-  pretty cool. 



Then, I decided to consolidate my plans for tomorrow and went ahead and headed out to Hopewell Furnace, which is a new site for me- #272.  Got two stamps that were out, then two that were underneath, thanks to another Ranger. 


That was about 45 miles out of town-  then, next I ran back down the turnpike to Valley Forge to get a missing stamp there-  which I got. 


Then, I swung into the city and got two more stops, Thaddeus Kosciuszko NM and Gloria Dei Church.  The Thad was a new stop for me, #273, and Gloria Dei is an affiliate, so it "doesn't count." 



Oops, I forgot that I also stopped in at the Ben Franklin Memorial to get a new stamp also. 

And on the way home, I made a new baseball stop, at Campbell (Soup) Field in Camden, NJ the home of the Independent Camden River Sharks.  Got a ball and pin!

Man, what a day!

No comments: