Sunday, August 25, 2013

Quick run over to Cape Cod to fetch Tracy and pick up missing stamps at Salt Pond

We headed over to the Cape this morning to pick up Tracy, and met her and Keith for lunch at PJ's- great place for lunch-  Tracy bought Buster an ice cream dog treat concoction, and he lapped it right up. 

Keith turned out to be a life-saver- I managed to leave my wallet on the counter as I was paying for ice cream, and he had stayed behind a bit, and was able to retrieve it- after we were about 7 miles down the road!  Tracy also forgot a bag.  

On the way in, we stopped at the Salt Pond Visitor's Center to pick up two missing stamps I didn't get last year, and they did have them!  Makes me 100% for Cape Cod now. 





I had been told they "definitely were not available last year."  

Also, yesterday, I ran back over to the New Bedford Whaling NHS to get the Civil war Trading cards for my collector friends, and on the way back, I also stopped in at a neat Lighthouse, Ned's Point, in Mattapoisett. 


Tomorrow, we head to Dingmans Ferry PA., at the Delaware Water Gap-  a bit of a longish drive, and we will be making a quick stop in New Britain, Conn., to get a ball and pin at the New Britain Rock Cats.  Then a couple of days at the Water Gap to get stamps there, which will be a new visit for two of the portions for me. 

No comments: