Friday, August 30, 2013

Arrival at North Jersey and a Killer day in New York City

Thursday was a travel day on down to Mahlon Dickerson Area in Lake Hopatcong/Jefferson New Jersey.  We got into a site deep in the woods, so no TV, the 50 amp power pole was broken, so we are on 30 amp, water, but no sewer- $20 a night.

Today, I went into New York City to visit with several of my NPTC pals-  I'll do a full report on that successful visit tomorrow or the next day, too tired to do it just now. 

We got to Federal Hall, Castle Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, African American Burial Grounds, General Grant Memorial, Hamilton Grange, and, St Paul's Church in Mt Vernon as well.  I got several stamps I had been missing from metro NYC area, plus some pins today-  and with the visit to St Paul's, I have now completed all the National Parks in the North Atlantic Region! 

More details tomorrow-  we also had lunch today at Katz's Deli- a landmark deli down in SoHo.

It was a great day with good friends- 

No comments: