Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday July 23rd Real change of scenery today

Our trip today was basically four segments, parts of which we had been to before, some of it new- 

First part:  East Syracuse NY to Rome NY, so I could get to Park #269, Fort Stanwix. 



We parked right outside the Visitors Center for Fort Stanwix, illegally actually, and I was able to get in and get the stamps- and a medallion for the North County Trail-  they didn't have a site pin! 






Next segment was Rome to Saratoga Springs-  we stopped for fuel at a Valero, and fueled up- 
then headed right through downtown Saratoga Springs-  Some of that leg was on I-90 the Thruway, some on back roads- 



Then, Saratoga Springs to Poultney Vt, on very much back roads, with 40-45 mph speed limits- 


 

This was really on back roads, with a small section on I-87 

Last segment was from Poultney to West Lebanon NH where we are for the night-  We've stayed here before- 

Totally on narrow back roads, with 45 speed limits mostly-  but pretty scenery lots of the Green Mountains. 

While I was here, I squeezed in a run down to Saint Gaudens National Historic Site so I could pick up some Civil War Trading Cards for my Roanoke Pals. 


Hopefully, a good nights sleep tonight, then a short 60 miles or so on over to Laconia NH for a two day stay for a visit with the Williamson family at their home in Meredith.   Looking forward to that.

No comments: