Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Busy day today!

Got most done of what we planned today, missed a spot, added a spot, got to see the Ritzes, had a great day!

I went this morning to Harper's Ferry, got all the stamps at the Downtown VC, then got the Appalachain Trail Stamp at the Trail HQ, then got the stamp for the Mather Training Center, then after a round with the silly GPS, got to the Cavalier Center VC and got 4 out of 5 stamps there.  All told, 11 stamps for this park.  I'll do a detailed trip visit later, since it's almost midnight.

I bagged going to Antietam, since I lost some time finding the Cavalier Center, and back to the coach I went, and picked up Bette and Cooper, and we headed up to the Catoctin Mountain VC and after some trial and error, got the three stamps there.  The volunteer did not know about two of them, but a Lady Ranger pulled them out of the safe for me.

Then, we headed over to two spots for the C & O canal, the Williamsport VC, where I got 4 stamps, and then a bonus, the C & O Headquarters building in Hagerstown, where I got 3 of 4. 

Then, we went to a Hagerstown Suns Ball game with the Ritzes and had a blast, after a very nice dinner. 

I'll do a more detailed report when time allows- 

Tomorrow is full also, Coop and I have a 0740 train to Washington DC, then we will do the National Mall sites, then we have tickets for a Washington Nationals game at 105, then a train ride back to Brunswick. 

No comments: