Saturday, February 4, 2012

Over to Corinth Texas - Metro Dallas until Wed.

Since we were a day ahead of schedule, we sort of leisurely slunked into Dallas today, 160 miles all told, in from Longview Wal Mart to our home for just tonight, the Destiny Dallas RV Resort in Corinth, Texas-  It's about 20 miles north of Downtown Dallas.   We have a nice spot, had to pay 38 dollars, but it was worth it to get full hook ups.  It's right next to I-35, and there is considerable road noise, but we'll sleep through it I imagine.

After we got all set up, Bette called her old boss Hazel, and she agreed to come over and visit, and we wound up going out to Chili's just down the road for dinner-  She brought along her cousin- Edna, and we had a terrific visit.
Right after we set up, an awesome rig pulled in next to us, and I had never seen one like it before.  The coach is a 41 foot triple axle 5th wheel, and there is a custom built, newly invented towing device as you can see-  The tow truck is a specially equipped big dually, and the rig is customed built to accomodate the extra height.  The owner and I talked about the set up for several minutes, and the claim is the extra braking ability, coupled with the fact that the towing is basically independent of the truck, which is pretty cool.  The owner says he loves it, but you do have to watch out and make sure it doesn't jackknife on you- Well yeah!!



As mentioned, I made a return visit to the 6th floor museum at Dailey Plaza in downtown Dallas this afternoon, pretty sure I had not been there since we used to live here in 1988- and they have done lots of changes, all for the good.

Paid 12.95 senior rate to get in, and they hand you an audio headset thingie to take the tour, which sort of forces you to go at their pace.  The story is presented in several displays, but they would not let any photographs be taken, no cell phones, etc etc., so I can't convey what it looked like, nor does their site seem to have many photos...
This shot is from the website for the museum. 

Tomorrow is an open day-  I checked in with my local pal TC, and he's busy until Tuesday, pretty much, and we will get together then to plan our trip over to Tuscon/Phoenix together. 

Monday, we will be visiting the Raffas, unless we run over there for Super Bowl tomorrow-  I also have a couple of baseball site visits on Monday, Grand Prairie and Ft Worth. 

May do some local gravesite visits tomorrow, too. 

1 comment:

damp problems said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.