Sunday, January 1, 2012

Almost a hole in one.....

We were enjoying our 2nd annual visit from our former New Jersey neighbors, the Van Praaghs, who stop in on their way back up to Jersey this time of year from a trip they take down to the Naples, Fl. area.

We are happy to have them join us for a day or two, and this year, in addition to our usual trip downtown and dinner at Harry's, John and I decided to run next door and play 9 holes of golf.

Now I haven't played in about 2.5 years, since my nerve damage sort of defeats trying to do a golf swing, but I went ahead and gave it a try-

Turned out to be fun- the weather was perfect, 75 degrees, sunny- and we were joined by a father son team, with the son being a 7th grader who could play really well. 

I wound up having a good time, and hit this shot below on the first par three on the 9, a hole of about 165 yards. Thought it was fairly good shot, then saw this when we walked up to the green.....
It for sure was about as close as you can get!!!  Think it was 3 inches or so.
Surprisingly enough, on the other par 3 on the side, I also hit it close, about 9 feet, but lipped out the birdie putt.  So I played the par 3's pretty well......

Played with the same ball the entire 9 holes, and that is always a plus. 

Fairly sore this morning, but I may just have to play some more soon.

The Van Praaghs left just now, and will take 2 days to get back to New Jersey- we'll be seeing them in August when we are up in their area. 

No comments: