Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday miscellenea

Went to coffee today, Bette has been busy with the garage sale the last two days- they had a huge crowd up there yesterday, not so busy today..
It did wear her out, however...Buster decided he was pooped, too. 
We redid the pin collection when I got back, we had some old louver door frames left over from AP Ramages garage that we have been carrying around for 6 or 7 years, and I came up with the idea to have Michael's cut some poster board and away I went- plus Bette remembered we had a big frame 24 x 36 so I decided to use that for all my National Park pins, so now, we have a nice neat presentation:

Now, I have to decide what to do with the baseball collection- guess we'll build a big 60 ball holder to display them....

Wildlife at the pond continues, first sighting of the alligator this season, he just came by for a swim, and a bird or two: 



Last two days have been quite stormy, and they say we're going to get smacked today with a 90% chance of rain, and also tomorrow-  at least the pond is filling up nicely.... 

Had planned to do a few things today, but the rain will change those plans, and maybe for tomorrow also- there is a big Greek festival, and I had planned to run down to St George street for a couple of things, and maybe to the flea market, but we'll have to wait and see what the weather does.

My oldest grandson Dalton is getting married today, hopefully, we'll get a photo sent down to us by Tina - He's a young Marine stationed at Okinawa, Japan.  They will be married in Morganton, NC. 

No comments: