Coop and I hit the road at 8 this morning- first stop was a momentous one- pulled into the Love's on Highway 78 to get the motor home washed. I was pulled into a bay waiting on our wash, when the attendant came out and motioned to me to pull into the adjacent bay. As I backed up to change bays, I bashed into a concrete platform that had an industrial vaccum cleaner sitting on top of it, and knocked it off the stand. I also managed to crack a backup light lens, and put a small tear in the fiberglass,and dinged the paint in two locations. CRAP! They called their boss, and he came out and requested that I fill out an incident report, which I did, and got my insurance information. After stewing about it, I have decided I will fight this one. I'm taking the position that when the attendant asked me to move, I was totally under his command and control, and the liability is theirs, for not warning me about the vaccum cleaner behind me, nor was their any signing advising caution, etc etc. The attendant said that this "wasn't the first time the vaccum cleaner had been bashed." So in my view, it was in an unsafe and hazardous place, and in fact, they owe me for the damages to my motor home. Dan, are you listening? Stay tuned.
After that incident, we made our way down the highway into Mississippi, stopping at a Wal Mart to get a frame for a poster I bought at Redbirds stadium, with the notion of putting my minor leauge hat pins on display. Ought to be pretty cool.
We stopped in Jasper Alabama at a McDonalds for lunch, then arrived at Regions field, well actually the City of Hoover Al municipal camp ground at 3:30. We did an express hook up and got to the field in time for the gates to open at 4.
Tomorrow, we have a short trip up the road to Huntsville Alabama for a ball game.



No comments:
Post a Comment