Thursday, May 28, 2009

Casualty of the recent rains, no visitors to the pond

With all the recent rains and very bad weather we've had, I've noticed that we are not seeing any visitors birdwise to the pond in the last week or so. We used to have an ahina bird that came and stayed every day, and two gators that visited each day or so- Now none for over a week. I'm guessing they moved on for the bad weather, and it will take a while to re-populate, or at least I'm hoping that's the case. The rain and winds also took out the tree that is in this photo, it's not there anymore. We also lost the big flock of turkey buzzards that lived across the way, no great loss there.

Today, we're waiting for the bug man to come, and then its a full retirement day- maybe I'll get energized and head over to the indoor pool and work off some calories.

No comments: