Friday, April 3, 2009

Another failed body part......


After becoming aware of about a 15% loss of visual acuity the last couple of weeks, Bette secured a visit today to the eye docs, and it turns out I am the proud owner of some creeping cataracs. Surgery is scheduled for late July, after we get back from the summer trip to the Maine coast. On the plus side, the doc thinks it is easily fixed, and even thinks that with new advances in laser surgery they have today, I have a small chance that I would not have to wear glasses afterwards, and that after having worn glasses for 57 years! This we'll have to see! Bette got so excited she has demanded equal treatment, so she has an appointment for about then too, to see if she can have her laser surgery too and ditch the glasses.

No comments: