Orange Hall (St. Marys, Georgia)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Orange Hall St. Marys, Georgia
- 2 Historic American Buildings Survey
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 Further reading
- 6 External links
Historic American Buildings SurveyThe Library of Congress, Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record has the following data recorded regarding Orange Hall. Owner in 1934: S.C. Townsend, Date of Erection: 1810-1815, Architect: No record, Builder: No record, Built for the Rev. Horace Southworth Pratt, a Presbyterian minister.
Architectural notesThis building of the Early Republican period is a Doric prostyle temple. The pediment is flattened and the columns are widely spaced. At the rear end is a superimposed inset portico, one porch above the other.
The brink basement storey is stuccoed and has stucco quoins of inch projection. In the basement used to be the old kitchen, now marked by its whitewashed walls, a herringbone brick floor pattern and a Dutch oven. The old Dining Room was under the front portico.